The electronic blood pressure monitor KS 520 from the German company Kessler is intended for the non-invasive measurement of systolic and diastolic blood pressure as well as the heart rate of adults and uses the oscillatory method. The device is not intended for use in infants and children. It is designed for clinical or home use. All measurements can be read on the screen of the device. The measuring position is on the adult arm only.
Important instructions for the meter:
1. Avoid exercise, eating and bathing 30 minutes before the measurement.
2. Sit in a quiet environment for at least 5 minutes before the measurement.
3. Do not stand upright during the measurement. Sit in a comfortable position making sure the cuff is at the same level as the heart.
4. Do not speak or move during the measurement.
5. Avoid taking measurements in places where there are strong electromagnetic beams such as microwave ovens and mobile phones.
6. Wait at least 3 minutes before taking another measurement.
7. Try to measure your blood pressure at the same time each day.
8. A comparison between the values of the measurements can be made only when we take pressure from the same hand, in the same position and at the same time of the day.
9. The use of the device is not recommended by people with a serious arrhythmia problem.
The systolic and diastolic blood pressure and pulse are displayed on the sphygmomanometer screen. The sphygmomanometer has a memory of 120 measurements.
The package contains the device, the instructions for use, the cuff, the storage case, the warranty and the medical power adapter.